Christmas 60 seconds (1)
Lesley Clark, Inventory and Administration Clerk, in the lettings department at Braintree is looking forward to her festive branch breakfast and a relaxed Boxing Day. Get the full rundown in our 60secs catch up!
1. How long have you worked at Beresfords?
I have been working here for almost 2 years now.
2. How do you celebrate Christmas in your branch?
There is the annual Christmas breakfast where the entire branch comes together for a hearty breakfast! This year we are going to the to The White Hart and i am also excited about opening my Secret Santa!
3. Where is your favourite Christmassy spot in Essex?
I love the nativity display at George Yard in Braintree. There’s a stunning wicker reindeer sculpture. There are also loads of festive events going on there with the carol singers, the nativity with live animals and the Bocking Bass Brand. Essex has definitely got talent!
4. Are there any Essex Christmas traditions which you know of or follow?
I don’t know of any specific to Essex but I certainly have my own! I have my own advent calendar every year with pictures – not chocolates! Also, every Christmas morning we all sit back and watch the classic Muppet’s Christmas Carol. It’s great to have the family together and for once not talking over each other!
5. What’s your favourite festive eating joint in Essex?
The Chichester in Rawreth is great at this time of the year. It’s been converted from farm buildings and the oak beams look amazing. The food is amazing and I definitely make sure I’m hungry before I go there!
6. What’s your favourite Christmas carol?
No two ways about it- it has to be ‘Silent Night.’
7. What are you most looking forward to this Christmas?
Boxing Day! There’s no more kitchen chaos to deal with and it is definitely calmer in the house!