Every one of our landlords are vitally important to us so we make sure that they receive a very personal service from experienced letting agents who retain extensive knowledge of their local areas and are adequately qualified and equipped to handle matters effectively on their behalf.
Most of our clients have specific requirements so the extensive range of services we provide can be tailored accordingly which is why we do not offer a standard commission rate.
The commission which we charge will always remain as competitive as possible without compromising our high standards of service. So although a general guide of our fees are listed below, we would urge any landlord thinking of renting out a property locally to contact their nearest lettings department to discuss in more detail the various options available.
Upon request, we can offer a free market appraisal of the property in question and provide a definitive commission quotation linked to a bespoke range of services which will best meet the needs of the individual landlord concerned.
Fully managed let
Marketing property for rent, arranging accompanied viewings (as appropriate), sourcing suitable tenants, conducting extensive referencing to include right to rent checks, preparing all paperwork and progressing a tenancy through to commencement - 120% monthly rent inc VAT. Further discounts available dependent on specific requirements.
Providing a complete management service from commencement of a tenancy to termination including regular internal inspections of the rental property - 6% inc VAT to 12% inc VAT of the monthly rent. Rates vary depending a landlords specific requirements.
The fully managed service includes.
- Carry out periodic property visits and reporting back to landlord throughout the tenancy.
- Rent collection and remitting to landlord. Including chasing of late rental payments (if applicable)
- Advise all utillity providers of changes.
- Arrange routine repairs and instructing contractors
- Dedicated property management department to liaise with landlord on any repairs.
- Hold a set of management keys throughout the tenancy.
- Keeping landlords updated of any change in government legislation.
- Arranging check out with tenant at the termination of the tenancy and attending. Negotiating between landlord and tenant on any disbursement of the security deposit.
- Return of the deposit to relevant parties with prior agreement. Instruct contractors to carry out agreed works that may be required.
Marketing property for rent, sourcing suitable tenants, arranging accompanied viewings (as appropriate) conducting extensive referencing including the initial right to rent checks, preparing all paperwork and progressing a transaction through to commencement - 120% monthly rent inc VAT. Discounts available dependent on an individual landlords circumstances or specific requirements.
Additional charges - let only or managed
Legal fee - Negotiating the terms of a tenancy including advise on any special agreed conditions that should be included - preparing all relevant legal paperwork prior to commencement of each new tenancy which will include any renewal agreement and finalising the contracts - £60 inc VAT
Deposit registration fee - To register a deposit (paid by the tenants) on a landlords behalf and protect the security deposit with a Government authorised Scheme, Provide the tenant(s) with the deposit certificate and prescribed information within 30 days of start of tenancy either at commencement of a new tenancy or annually if renewed - £60 inc VAT
Inventory (condition) report - Upon request Beresfords own APIP qualified Inventory Clerks can prepare a comprehensive Inventory. Charges are based on the size of the property:
- 1 bed £60 inc VAT
- 2 bed £90 inc VAT
- 3 bed £119 inc VAT
- 4 beds £168 inc VAT
- 5 beds by negotiation dependant on any ancillary accommodation etc.
Withdrawal fee - Where tenants are sourced and terms agreed, should a landlord then subsequently withdraw from an agreed transaction a charge of £360 inc VAT will be applied as a contribution towards any costs incurred and time taken by Beresfords personnel to progress the prospective let to that particular point.
Renewal fee - If a landlord and tenant wish to renew an existing tenancy then Beresfords will charge £310 inc VAT to advise on potential rental uplifts, re-negotiate terms including advise on any rent increases, draw up new paperwork and finalise the contracts.
- Client money protection (CMP) provided by: ARLA
- Independent redress provided by: TPOs